KEPEMIMPINAN DISTRIBUTIF, FAKTOR KONTEKSTUAL DAN EFIKASI KENDIRI GURU DI MALAYSIA

  • Rosnarizah Abdul Halim

Abstract

The study investigates the relationship of distributed leadership with teachers’ self-efficacy and the role of contextual factor as mediator in Residential Schools (RS) and National Secondary School (NSS) in Malaysia. The total of 831 teachers representing 17 schools have participated in the study. The findings show a moderately high, positive correlation and significant relationship (r=0.50) between distributed leadership with teachers' self-efficacy. The analysis reports that teachers’ self-efficacy is relatively high in Residential School (min=4.35) compared to National Secondary School (min=4.33). This finding shows that there are no significant differences in teacher self-efficacy in regards to the type of school they are currently teaching. The Structural Equation Modelling analysis of the research model shows the coefficient of determination value or R2 is 0.36. The statistic indicates that distributed leadership variable and contextual factor explained 36% of the variance of teacher self-efficacy. The remaining 64% may occur due to other influences that are not within the range of this study. The findings suggest some theoretical implications and recommendations on the role and effect of distributed leadership on teachers’ self-efficacy in Malaysian secondary school.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.
Published
2017-10-24
How to Cite
ABDUL HALIM, Rosnarizah. KEPEMIMPINAN DISTRIBUTIF, FAKTOR KONTEKSTUAL DAN EFIKASI KENDIRI GURU DI MALAYSIA. JuPiDi: Jurnal Kepimpinan Pendidikan, [S.l.], v. 2, n. 4, p. 47-61, oct. 2017. ISSN 2289-9669. Available at: <https://jupidi.um.edu.my/article/view/8358>. Date accessed: 16 aug. 2020.
Section
Articles