About the Journal
JATI-Journal of Southeast Asian Studies is a multi-discipline peer-reviewed international journal on Southeast Asian social sciences and humanities published bi-annually by the Department of Southeast Asian Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. This journal is a double-blind peer review concerned with research results in Southeast Asia's social sciences and humanities. JATI is indexed in Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), MYCite and UDLedge: Social Science & Humanities Citation Index (SS&HCI). JATI employs a blind review process. Contributions in English: 7,000-8000 words for the full paper, 5000 for a review essay and 1500 for a book review. All research papers must include a literature review, theoretical framework, methods, findings and discussions. All citations and references must follow the latest APA style (version 7).
Print ISSN: 1823-4127
Publisher: University of Malaya
Publication Type: Online
Publication frequency: 2 time(s) per year (June and December) and a Special Issue.
No. of articles: 10 - 20
As an open-access journal, this journal's aims are to:
1. Connect the gap between scholarship in the multi-discipline of area studies, particularly Southeast Asia
2. Bridge the global, Southeast Asian region and local knowledge and information
3. Digest a contextual analysis of issues and themes in Southeast Asian Studies
4. Reflect on the relationship between theory and practice in Social Science, Arts and Humanities in the area of Southeast Asia
5. Provide an international platform for discourse between academics, researchers, and practitioners in the field of area studies
JATI is a multi-discipline international journal that broadly focuses on the research result of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities related to Southeast Asia. More specifically, JATI Journal seeks to promote critical research on a range of interrelated issues within this geographical area about the economic, political, social, art and cultural issues.